J2A Greece Pilgrimage 2008

Sunday, June 22, 2008

What is the question you bring? Why did you come so far?















Delphi, this ancient city, really helps put everything in perspective. In ancient times kings and peasants alike traveled here, thinking it to be the center of the world. Almost all who travelled here came with life changing questions to present to the oracle in The Temple of Apollo. The myriad of questions presented were questions of war, love, commerce, wisdom, and really anything that one longed to know. That being said, all of us on this pilgrimage were asked months ago to think of one question we longed to ask. I was perplexed by this. Thinking of that one question was a task that I struggled with off and on until the very moment I stood in front of The Temple of Apollo. Months of consulting myself and friends had brought me to this one point. When we arrived in front of the ruins of the temple I immediately took to my sketchbook, drawing this great monument, still considering what my question would be. Light was about me, the sun was shining down upon the great mountain, and my creative fires were ignited as I sat and tried to reason what my question was. Finally in a creative spark my question was formed and I wrote this:

This place, In the center of the mortal earth, pierces the sky
It truly is a connection of worlds
These great pillars dedicated to Apollo, god of the sun, creativity, and reason, still stand tall
Surviving the battle with time they live on as an inspiration
The atmosphere forms a vivid revelation of creativity and soul

Stepping away from the temple after standing in silence I felt like I had acquired an answer to my question, and I had figured it out for myself. With this sense of accomplishment I shall descend down the mountain ready to take life head on.

Alexander Hoare

6 Comments:

At 8:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The writing was awesome. This Alexander-person is a good writer. It looks like you guys are having fun. From "Cute-as-the-dickens"

 
At 7:46 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for such heartfelt and honest writing Alexander! The Burlingtons and Hoares had dinner last night and spoke of the pilgrimmage with longing of our own.

 
At 8:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amazing writing, xander. So glad you took your sketchbook. Can't wait to hear all about it next time I'm in Atlanta. - MaryB

 
At 4:28 AM, Anonymous モバゲー said...

モバゲーで楽しめるであいがココにある!素敵なであいからちょっとHなであいまで…幅広いであいを提供しております。今までには経験したことが無かったであいを体験していきましょう

 
At 6:32 AM, Anonymous Hチェッカー said...

マンネリ化したSEXを解消しませんか?Hチェッカーで簡単診断・診断結果を元に、現役AV男優・女優が直接アナタに実技指導を行う特典付きですよ

 
At 1:12 PM, Anonymous グリー said...

今年のクリスマスも後少しですね。グリー内でもクリスマスに備えて異性と交流を持つコミュニティが活発で、自分も今年のクリスマスにお陰で間に合いました!!みなさんもイブを一人で過ごさなくても良いように、グリーで異性をGETしよう

 

Post a Comment

<< Home