J2A Greece Pilgrimage 2008

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

"How will you remember to remember when you return home?" -Phil Cousineau






When I return home there are going to be temptations and distractions leading me away from my experience in Greece, and it would seem as if I would forget, but I will never forget. Memories are powerful, and the ones from Greece are plentiful and moving. Distinct memories include the Temple of Apollo where we had to ask God an important question. While standing in front of that temple you could feel the forces of God, how God was trying to listen to you. Even though the answer to your question may not appear quickly, it will in time in a certain way. This memory will always be a part of me.

Breathtaking moments, such as walking through the monasteries secluded on mountaintops are impossible to forget. Because these memories are imprinted in your mind forever, it is easy "to remember to remember." Greece is a beautiful place and consumes your whole being, your spiritual and daily life, and you feel as if you are part of God's many kingdoms. How will I remember to remember when I return home?..easy..I will never forget this amazing experience in an amazing country, with my friends, an amazing group of pilgrims.

-Amelia Baker

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home